Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our Trip to the Vet

Jared and I ventured to the vet yesterday with Bandit and Max. Did I mention that Bandit was in the hospital for most of last week? Well, he decided to lunch on two nylon kneehighs (which I just found out today was actually a pair of really nice tights..he just chewed them off to the ankles. Imagine my surprise when I went to put them on and they had no feet!) so he visited Dr. Angel for four days. He is doing great, back to his ole' thieving self. He ate two Clorox wet wipes (used) on Saturday. I can hardly keep up with him! So, due to this, we had to take Bandit in for a recheck and Max in for his eye (yet another doggie tale). I've worked with Bandit on the basics (come, roll over, sit, lie down), but he isn't good on a leash. I know this and I always anticipate the worse, but this took the cake. Since he isn't good on a leash, I keep a tight grip on him. He hardly had any slack since I was forcing him to my side (in an attempt to heel..yeah right!). I barely turned around to see if Jared was behind me and even though that doggie didn't have much room to lunge forward, he knew he had enough room to jump upwards! We were walking past a huge truck and the driver had his window rolled down with his arm hanging out. Before I knew it, Banit was face level trying to give this poor guy a slobbery kiss! I was horrified. I ended up running into him in the waiting room when we left and I appologized profusely and he said he was just worried about Bandit scratching his truck. I had never even thought of that! Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I thought I'd attach a picture of Bandit and Winnie. These were taken last summer. Winnie is our blind pug who adores Bandit (I guess someone has to! haha) and he adores her just as much. It is truly puppy love!

No comments: